Maintains accounting records and performs routine filing and data entry tasks for accounting data including accounts payable and accounts receivables. Assists in the preparation of periodic accounting reports, manages petty cash and ensures accuracy of financial records. Visits the bank to carry out transactions.
- Maintains and reviews financial records and reports discrepancies.
- Assists in providing relevant financial information needed to ensure an accurate statement of the Company’s financial position to various regulatory agencies.
- Monitors expenditures and profits and ensures compliance with accounting and tax laws.
- Prepares regular reports and statements for review and ensures financial data is entered correctly and accurately.
- Prepares debit and credit journal entries for the company’s accounts and carries out various basic bookkeeping functions.
- Conducts routine data entry management for accounting records including accounts payable and receivable.
- Manages petty cash.
- Manages filing system and maintains an accurate database of all transactions.
- Visits banking institutions to carry out financial transactions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Good knowledge of accounting procedures and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Good knowledge of tax laws and regulations.
- Good knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation.
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in accounting from an
- ICAN or ACCA certification is an added advantage
- 1 - 2 years post-NYSC experience in an accounting
or similar role
- Following instructions and procedures.
- Writing and reporting.
- Working with people.
- Learning and researching.
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives.
- Planning and organizing.
- Adhering to principles and values