Investment Banking Associate
CLIENT OVERVIEW: HLF Capital Partners is a forward-thinking financial advisory firm based in Nigeria, co-founded by three highly accomplished professionals in the financial sector. The founders who previously worked in the Investment Banking Divisions at Deutsche Bank, Citi, and Goldman Sachs in London and New York bring a wealth of experience and expertise to the company.
Our primary focus is on providing comprehensive advisory services to corporates, governments, investors, and sponsors with a focus on alternatives and real assets, across the African continent, with a special emphasis on Infrastructure, Energy, Transportation, and Commercial Real Estate sectors.
At HLF, our vision is to be at the forefront of unlocking and attracting capital to invest in our target sectors, driving growth and development across Africa. We are committed to leveraging our founders' vast experience, deep industry knowledge, networks, and understanding of the local and regional markets to identify strategic opportunities and create value for our clients.
As we embark on this journey, our initial focus will be on Nigeria, where we will strategically expand our presence and cultivate strong partnerships with key stakeholders. Our aim is to contribute significantly to the sustainable development of the Nigerian economy and subsequently extend our reach to other African countries.
With a visionary approach, unwavering dedication, and a team of seasoned professionals led by our founders, we aspire to transform HLF Capital Partners into a private equity powerhouse, unlocking investment potential and facilitating growth in alternative investing. Our commitment to excellence, integrity, and client-centric solutions sets us apart as we aim to create enduring value for all our partners and stakeholders.
Join us at HLF Capital Partners as we embark on an exciting mission to redefine capital formation in Africa, driving positive change and fostering growth across the continent.
Self-starter looking to build expertise and learn from seasoned professionals in the space. Strong technical background with the ability to prepare financial models from scratch, create PowerPoint presentations and detailed Microsoft Word reports and conduct in-depth research on the current market (and trends) across Africa. Experienced in any infrastructure/energy/transportation/commercial real estate with a background in any investing/M&A/structured or project finance.
The candidate will report to the partners and will get access and visibility across all the transactions of the group, providing exposure across different sectors and clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs screening and evaluation of opportunities.
- Develops various types of financial models to include project financings, leveraged buyouts, and valuation models for M&A transactions.
- Performs various valuation methods – comparable companies, precedents, and discounted cash flow (DCF).
- Performs due diligence, research, analysis, and documentation of transactions.
- Prepares pitch materials, client presentations, and marketing documents.
- Markets and executes transactions with clients.
- Participates in negotiation processes, deal structuring, and term sheet development.
- Manages data rooms and coordinates cross-functional teams to facilitate successful M&A transactions.
- Produces market/sector reports to support transaction activities, including analysis of market trends, industry developments, and regulatory changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, engineering, or a related field (Minimum 2.1 result or equivalent).
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or ICAN certification.
- MBA is an added advantage
- 3 – 5 years of experience in investment banking, consulting, or private equity.
- Experience in project and infrastructure finance or infrastructure investing.
- Proven track record of leading and executing successful transactions.
- Strong understanding of investment banking and/or investing principles, financial analysis, and deal execution processes.
- Proficiency in financial modeling, valuation techniques, and market research.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Writing and reporting
- Presenting and communicating information
- Planning and organizing
- Creating and innovating
- Deciding and initiating actions
- Persuading and influencing
- Learning and researching
- Adapting and responding to change
- Adhering to principles and values
Duration of employment
6 - 12 months
Financial services and Investment
Remote work from: Lagos State
8am - 6pm/ 7pm
August 14, 2023